Apply for a Chinese Visa – Applying for a Chinese Visa is actually not as complicated as creating a visa to enter Europe or the United States. If you know the procedures clearly, you can do it by yourself seamlessly.
In order to apply for a Chinese Visa, there are things that you need to prepare. Below, we will explain the easy steps to apply for a China Visa to make your travel preparation runs smoother.
Here are 6 Few Steps to Apply for a Chinese Visa
Do you want to know the guide to get the Chinese Visa? Read below, t-mates!
1. Open Chinese Visa Application Service Center Website
Go to www.visaforchina.org. Click the “Step by Step Guidance”. Choose the main purpose of your visit to China, either for study, business, as a tourist or other reasons. Click next.
2. Prepare Necessary Documents
Just like applying for a visa to another country, you need to prepare some important documents if you want to get the Chinese Visa. Below are lists of documents that you need to prepare:
- Passport (with a remaining validity of at least 6 months)
- Two of your 4×6 photos with white background
- Photocopy of your passport ID page (that has your picture, date of birth, etc)
- Confirmed flight ticket
- Proof of hotel reservations
- Itinerary when you’re in China
- If your visit to China is an invitation from other party, you can attach the official invitation letter. The visa will then be treated as a business visa.
3. Fill In the Forms
After you have finished preparing the necessary documents, start to fill in the application forms. You can do this either manually or through the online platform. If you decide to use the online channel, you can directly fill in the form on the website.
On the other hand, if you decide to do it manually, you have to download the forms available on the website. The procedure of applying online is simpler and faster. Choose whichever way is more convenient for you.
4. Bring the Documents and Come to the Visa Center
Remember that the place to apply for the Chinese Visa is not in the embassy, but rather at the Chinese Visa Center. There are three Chinese Visa Application Service Centers, which are located in Jakarta, Surabaya and Medan.
- In Jakarta: The East Building, Unit 6, 2nd Floor, Jl, DR. Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung Kav.E 3.2 no.1 South Jakarta 12950, Indonesia.
- Surabaya: SPAZIO – 502 Kompleks Graha Festival Kav No.3,Jalan Mayjend Yono Soewoyo Graha Famili, Surabaya, 60225
- Medan: Royal Condominium Tower B, 2nd, Palang Merah-Sukamulia No.1 Kelurahan Medan Aur,20151, Medan-North Sumatra
The Visa Center is open from Monday to Friday from 09.00 a.m. to 15.00 p.m. for the application submission, and from 09.00 a.m. to 16.00 p.m. for the payment and the visa collection.
After you have submitted your documents, you will get a receipt that will be used for the visa collection later.
5. Patiently Wait Until You Get the Visa
Generally, you have to wait for 3-4 working days before you can receive the visa. However, it is better to check your visa status through www.visaforchina.org website before going to the Center Visa.
If your visa status is already in the process of “processing the results have been returned in Visa Center”, your visa has been completed and you can come to the Visa Center to collect it.
6. Pay for The Visa
After obtaining the visa, you must make a payment at the Visa Center directly either by cash, credit or debit card. The amount of payment differ depends on the type of visa you choose.
The visa fee differ depending on whether you want to choose a single entry, double entries, or multiple entries. It is also depend on whether you opt for regular, express or rush applications. For instance, for a regular single entry visa type, you need to pay IDR 540,000, whereas for multiple entries for 12 months, you need to pay for IDR 1,140,000 for regular application. For more information regarding the price, you can click here.
Apply a Visa to China and Enjoy Your Trip
Sometimes we might feel furious when we want to apply for a visa, considering that our application might be rejected. If you want to apply for a Chinese Visa, make sure you have prepared complete documents needed, so there is a high chance for you to get the visa.
To make sure everything is planned well, try to apply for a visa at least a month before the trip. Don’t wait until you run out of time! You don’t want your vacation to be ruined right?
You should visit China because there are many attractive tourist destinations out there, especially in Beijing and Shanghai. To buy flight tickets to your favourite destinations in China, you can do that via tiket.com.