“Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and cauldron bubble.”
Halloween is coming up! Who’s ready for anything that will pump you up for a night of trick-or-treating and all things scary? It’s a spooky season and we’re pretty sure you want to kick off the most frightening time of the year by going to Halloween Horror Nights 9!
Exactly. Halloween Horror Nights 9 returns to Universal Studios Singapore for the ninth edition. If you’re going to Singapore this October, make sure to experience this all-new frights at this only Universal Studio theme park in Southeast Asia.
Halloween Horror Nights 9 at USS
Read through this complete guide to know all the details about this year’s Halloween festivity, ticket prices, and what to expect there! Make sure to book your USS tickets in advance 😉
When does it take place?
The Halloween Horror Nights 9 will have a total of 16 nights, which runs from 27th September until 31st October 2019. A perfect day will surely be during the Halloween Night! You can come to Universal Studios Singapore to experience this special event.
How much does it cost?
Buy your tickets in advance to avoid long queues. Come during the day to try as many regular rides as possible. At night, it’s time for you to find a way out of the haunted houses and scare zones. Watch out because the ghosts may chase you!
The ticket price starts from 668,150 IDR for adults which you can purchase via tiket.com.
Generally, it’s the same with the regular ticket price, but why come during the regular day when you can get the utmost fun experience on Halloween? Some rides will also open during the night, so you can freely go around as you like.
What to expect?
There’ll be at least 5 houses, 2 scare zones, and 2 shows. The theme park itself will keep its signature mix of local stories, regional tales, and a few general horror elements which we all can expect; zombies, clowns, monsters, creepy dolls, vampires, and many more.
Having goosebumps already? Because we’re. A bit. Let’s break down the haunted houses and other activities that you might experience during the Halloween Horror Nights 9.
Haunted houses are walkthrough attractions in enclosed, maze-like spaces. There will be a variety of local and regional horrors which you can find in 5 haunted houses prepared for you. Expect a lot of frightening moments!
- Curse of the Naga: It will take you to the streets of Bangkok, where the visitors will find themselves stumbling into a forsaken village haunted by the Serpentine Spirit.
- The Chalet Hauntings: The guests will experience a haunted chalet, vengeful spirits, and spooky encounters with various dangerous ghosts from Southeast Asia.
- Hell Block 9: Go out or you won’t find your freedom in this vile prison. But, the only way to break out might be a death sentence.
- Twisted Clown University: A university or higher learning place haunted house, where tragic clowns and victims get schooled on a gruesome trade.
- Spirit Dolls: Explore an abandoned village filled with creepy and cursed dolls! A Japanese-themed haunted house inspired by a remote village in Shikoku, Japan.
Scare Zones and Shows
Scare zones are thematic outdoor zones filled with numerous performers and shows that will totally entertain you. There will be two scare zones:
- Death Fest Scare Zone: Taking place in the New York zone, presents a heavy metal concert experience.
- Dead End Scare Zone: An alternate realm between the lands of the living and the dead, taking place in The Lost World.
The shows are:
- The Death Fest LIVE Procession Show, when the Death Trap band will perform a morbid metal Procession around the theme park.
- The Undertaker will perform and there’ll also be Skin & Bones show, which is a comedy show at the Pantages Hollywood Theatre.
Halloween Carnival Zone
Besides haunted houses and scare zones, expect a fun yet terrifying carnival too! A quaint carnival will take over the Hollywood Lagoon area after dark. It will totally be fun to experience the one and only Halloween Horror Nights experience in Singapore.
Explore Singapore with a Tight Budget, Is That Even Possible?
Coming to USS will cost you quite a lot, but will be worth every penny you spent! So make sure to come to this year’s Halloween event, because it’ll be epic! After that, still wanna go around Singapore?
If your answer is yes, then let’s go! Don’t worry, there are these 16 top-rated FREE attractions in Singapore. It won’t cost you anything, yet you can still take plenty of Instagrammable pictures that you can post it to the gram. Well, a fun vacay doesn’t have to be expensive, right? 😉