NEW UPDATES: In order to get the SIKM, you must have the Corona Likelihood Metric (CLM) test results with safe for traveling status. CLM is the calculator for self-screening that uses machine learning models to measure your likelihood of being COVID-19 positive/ negative. CLM is a ML-based clinical decision support system (CDSS).
- The validity period of SIKM follows the CLM validity period of 7 days
- If the SIKM expires, the SIKM owner can simply update or activate their CLM data
Have you been wondering about the time when you can travel the world freely again? Some of you may have been working from home for over two months now. However, some of you must go to work or even travel to other cities or countries during the outbreak.
Currently, the Indonesian government has limited the movement of people in and out of the country in a bid to curb the spread of COVID-19. Although our movement is restricted, the government has enforced some policies to allow people that work in specific industries to travel across the country.
In Indonesia, travelers are required to present several documents before departure. In this article, we will tell you about what you need to bring to travel domestically by plane.
Domestic Travel Requirements
In order to travel across Indonesia, all passengers must present several documents, which are:
- Personal identification (KTP/ Passport).
- Health certificate to prove that you are COVID-19 negative. The rapid test result is valid for 3 days, whereas the Reverse Transcription – Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test is valid for 7 days after issuance.
- Fill out an electronic health awareness card before boarding.
- Passengers with flights to or from Jakarta must obtain Exit and Entry Permit (SIKM). You can obtain SIKM here.
- Passengers who wish to travel to Jakarta must download Bersatu Lawan COVID-19 app (United Against COVID-19). This app was developed by the Communications and Information Ministry for National COVID-19 Task Force.
- Passengers who travel to Bali must present their COVID-19 PCR results, not a rapid test.
More documents needed according to specific travel needs:
- People working for the government or private institutions: a letter of assignment.
- People who need emergency health services or whose family member is ill or died: referral letter from the hospital or an official death certificate.
- Repatriation of Indonesian migrant workers: statement letter from Indonesian Migrant Workers Protection Agency.
- Indonesian citizens and students abroad: statement letter from Indonesian representative offices abroad and statement letter issued by University or school abroad.
For more information, please refer to the tiket.com info page.
What is Bersatu Lawan COVID-19 (BLC) app?
This app provides daily updates on the number of cases, recoveries, and death caused by coronavirus disease in Indonesia. It is important for Indonesian people who travel domestically to download this app because doing so can help the government to present the infection risk maps of COVID-19 across Indonesia.
BLC also makes the officer in the airport able to check your travel documents faster. If you are traveling to Jakarta, in the airport, the officer will scan the QR code in the app to check whether you have the necessary travel documents or not.
To use the BLC app, a user must create an account and enter his or her personal data. Then, the user can use the app’s features such as consultation, self-examination, and observing the hot spot map. Through the BLC app, you can be more cautious when traveling because you know which areas have a low/moderate/ high risk of COVID-19.
What is Exit and Entry Permit (SIKM)?
People who want to enter or exit Jakarta must obtain Exit and Entry Permit (SIKM). Only people working in these 11 business sectors are permitted to travel around for work during large-scale social distancing (PSBB) which are health, food, energy, communication and information technology, finance, logistics, hotels, construction, strategic industries, basic services, daily needs.
Types of SIKM:
- Jakarta residents leaving for Jabodetabek:
- One-time-trip exit permit
- Multiple-trip exit permit
Note: Jakarta residents leaving for Bodetabek area (Bogor, Depok, Tangerang, Bekasi) do not need a Jakarta SIKM
2. Non-Jabodetabek residents leaving for Jakarta
- Jakarta one-time-trip entrance permit
- Jakarta multiple-trip entrance permit
Note: Bodetabek residents do not need a Jakarta SIKM
To see more information about the requirements and procedures to apply for SIKM, you can refer to the official information from corona.jakarta.go.id .