How to get Korean Visa 2019 – A long holiday is approaching, so we bet you don’t wanna waste it just by staying at home. For those who have a plan for an overseas vacation, there are two things you should have in hand before going; a passport and a visa.
You’ve probably heard a lot of stories about visa approvals and denied ones from your friends or surfing through the internet. Well, fret not! We’re here to help you prepare the necessary documents for your upcoming trip.
This time, we’re going to inform you of a complete guide for Korean Visa 2019 application. Traveling to that vibrant country is so happening these days! The visa application is easy and fast too, a perfect destination for your end-year holiday.
How to Apply for Korean Visa 2019, Simple and Fast
With enough research and preparation, the chance of getting approved for a visa to South Korea will be higher as well. Whether you’re going for leisure or business, you need to make sure to follow the procedures to get the type of visa that you need.
Make your long-time dream to visit this modern yet traditional country full of K-pop or K-BBQ by reading through this detailed visa guide!
1. Where to Apply for South Korean Visa
Started from 2nd May 2019, applying for Korean Visa is no longer being done in the Korean Embassy, but instead, you just need to go to the Korea Visa Application Center (KVAC) on the 5th floor of Mall Lotte Shopping Avenue, Jakarta.
If previously the Embassy of the Republic of South Korea accepted visa applications through five counters, in this new place, there are 12 counters available to handle more people who want to apply for a visa.
Besides, the opening hours also have been extended. Now you can apply for your Korean Visa from 9 am – 3 pm from Monday to Friday. No more long queue, no more hassle!
2. Choose the Types of Visa
The first step on how to get Korean Visa 2019 is to choose the type of visa you need. Generally, there are 4 types of Korean Visa, the details as follow:
- Single Visa for a visit up to 90 days: 560,000 IDR
- Single Visa for a visit above 90 days: 840,000 IDR
- Double Visa for a two-times entry and valid up to 6 months: 980,000 IDR
- Multiple Visa for multiple entries and valid up to 5 years: 1,260,000 IDR
The price varies depends on the visa types as stated above. You can choose whichever suits your needs. However, for a multiple visa application, it can only be done for those of you who have been to South Korea at least twice or have been to the United States.
3. Prepare the Requirements
Before submitting your application and filling out a Korean Visa form, there are several required documents you need to prepare. Make your own list of documents needed, to know whether or not you’ve completed all requirements. Incomplete visa application documents can cause a visa to be rejected.
You wanna get approval, don’t you? Check the requirement list of Korean Visa 2019 below.
- Download the application form with your photo attached to it (photo size 35 mm x 45 mm with white background). Bring a few back-ups photos in case you need more
- Original passport and photocopy (identity page and stamped pages from your previous visit to any country)
- Identity card and family registry card.
- Reference letter from the office or a copy of your business license
- Student status letter/proof of enrollment (for those who still attend school)
- Financial proof (bank reference letter and bank statement for the past 3 months)
Other supporting documents:
- Students must attach an enrollment and financial proof (can use parents’ bank account)
- Housewives who don’t have their personal income, are required to attach proof of financial from husband/family
- If you wish to bring your household assistant, you must attach a sponsor letter from the employer in the form of a work certificate and family registry card
Once again, making sure that everything is completed is necessary to make your visa application runs smoothly and faster.
4. Fill Out the Application Form
After you’ve fulfilled all the required documents, the next step on how to get Korean Visa 2019 is to fill in the application form that you’ve downloaded earlier. Fill in accordance with the instructions written on each page with the correct data.
5. Application and Payment Process
Now, it’s time to go to the KVAC! You can come between 9 am – 3 pm. Our advice is don’t come too late. Here are the steps that you need to do once you’re there:
- Finalize your visa payment. After that, you’ll get a stamp to attach to the application form
- Then you’ll be directed to the visa registration counter. Prepare your identity card for initial checking
- Take the queue number according to the type of visa you’ve chosen and wait for your number to be called
- Lastly, submit the documents and you’ll get a receipt to collect your passport and visa later
Submitted visa applications will be processed within 6 working days. So, you can only take back your passport after your visa status is done or up to 6 days starting from one day after the date of submission.
6. Check a Visa Status Online
If you’re reaching this step, it means that you’re almost done! In the meantime, you can check your Korean Visa application status through https://www.visa.go.kr/. You may see three status; under review, approved, and rejected.
Aside from that, you can also conveniently check your visa status by a short message! KVAC provides SMS service up to three times for all the applicants. The first one is document submission at KVAC, the second one document checking by the embassy, and the third one informing you about the final visa status. Check the KVAC website from your smartphone.
7. Take Your Passport and Visa
Finally, you’re in the final process of how to apply for Korean Visa 2019! After your visa application is received, then you can take your passport and visa at the KVAC. Do take note that visa collection only can be done between 10 am – 4 pm.
Don’t forget to bring the receipt given during the earlier process when you applied. You just need to put the receipt in a basket and wait for your turn to be called. Then, time for you to prepare for your holiday and explore South Korea!
Discover the Instagrammable Spots in South Korea
After you read through those steps of how to get a Korean Visa, what do you think? Exactly, now applying for Korean Visa is totally hassle-free and quite fast! You just need to complete all the required documents and maybe prepare an itinerary first?
Book your flight, apply for a visa, then check our roundup of 7 Insta-worthy spots in Seoul that will be perfect to spice up your feed! Because going to Seoul without updating your Instagram feed is a definite no-no 😉