February is a great month to travel to Chiang Mai, Thailand because you can see many beautiful flowers blooming during the Chiang Mai Flower Festival. During the festival, you can experience a combination of flowers and parades that are super Instagrammable.
Not only in the main area of the festival, but also in other places such as at Thai people’s houses, you can see them growing their own flowers. Are you ready to come to this picturesque event? Well, you can do so by planning your trip to Chiang Mai soon. Book your ticket through tiket.com app and get ready to enjoy a wonderful vacay!
What is the Chiang Mai Flower Festival?
In Chiang Mai Flower Festival, you will get a chance to see parades that consist of dozens of floats, beautifully decorated with flowers and plants. Local artisans spend a lot of time designing the floats. Thai people will use the floats to march around the city.
The flower parade has attracted thousands of visitors every year. People flocked to the area to see the parades, marching bands, performers and dancers. The parade starts from Charoen Muang Road to Nawarat Bridge. Then, it continues to the old city called Tha Pae Road. After that, it will go to Suan Buak Haad Public Park.
The highlights of the festival are the street parade, the grand stage show and the Queen of Chiang Mai Festival. The grand stage show is the time when the judges give their verdicts about the best float.
Towards the end of the festival, there is also the Queen of Chiang Mai Flower Festival. Women are showing their beauty during the street parade. Some of them are standing, while others are sitting on the floats. During the music performances, they will try to impress people by showing their dancing skills.
Where and When is the Festival?
The main event takes place for three days.
Friday, February 7:
- Opening ceremony of the flower festival at the Thapae Gate.
- Queen of Chiang Mai Flower Festival beauty contest at Nong Buak Haad Park.
Saturday, February 8:
- In the morning, a flower parade of more than 25 flower floats. The parade will go through Thapae road, Chang Lor Road, Arak road and ends at Nong Buak Haad Park.
- In the evening, you can see Thai Lanna performance and cultural show at Thapae Gate.
Sunday, February 9:
- Music performances at Thapae Gate.
- Thai Lanna performance and cultural show at Thapae Gate.
How to Get There and Where to Stay
First of all, you have to book flight tickets to Chiang Mai. The simplest way to find it is by searching for it online via tiket.com. tiket.com provides many airline options that you can choose based on your schedule and budget. You can go there by bus or taxi.
There are countless options for accommodation in Chiang Mai. You can find many hotels, hostels, apartments or other accommodation options there. Download tiket.com app, search for your preferred accommodation and get the best deals available.
Things to Prepare
- Bring your hats and use sunscreen as it is going to be hot out there.
- Consider coming to the festival early on Sunday, because by then the place won’t be too crowded anymore.
- Take as many photos as you like of the beautiful flower parade floats.
- Bring foods and drinks.
- Come earlier, expect to face heavy traffic.
Finish with the Flower Festival? It’s Time to Try Tasty Thai Foods!
When you are in Thailand, you must try its local dishes. Thailand has many delicious foods such as crab omelette, pad thai, khao pad and so on. You can find Thai dishes almost everywhere in the city such as on the streets or at the restaurant.
Besides the Chiang Mai Flower Festival, there are also other amazing festivals in Thailand called Loy Krathong and Yi Peng festivals. With so many great events, Thailand is a must-visit destination! Pack your bags and get ready to experience something new, t-mates!